Monday, December 20, 2010

Frusterated

This past weekend I decided to sign in to my health insurance website and change my primary care doctor to another doctor in that same office.  Friday when I went for my emergency walk in appt I saw a doctor that I have seen in the past when my doctor wasnt there.  I really like the way he communicates with me and he shows he is concerned and cares more so than my primary doc (in the same office).  My primary is not as willing to prescribe me medicine for my nerve pain disorder (vulvodynia).  He tells me to take over the counter stuff (weak stuff) that does not work.  So this weekend I went on my health insurance site and looked this other doctor up and it said that he is accepting new patients.  So I changed it on the website.  This morning I called my doctors office to make sure they knew of this change and they told me that this doctor is not accepting new patients and has not been for the past few months.  They said he's backed up for 6months.  I was very frusterated that the website said different and told them they need to communicate with the insurance companys whether or not a doctor is accepting new patients.  I told them that Ive seen him a few times and I really like him better.  They told me that there are other physicians like (nurse practitioners) that I could switch to.  I didnt want any of them because I have had them in the past and I didnt care for their approach.  This is very frusterating.  I remember when I spoke to this other doctor on Friday he told me that either him or my doctor will handle my medical situation.  He also said that he would call me to find out how Im feeling today.  My primary NEVER once said that to me.  SO Im just frusterated.  The office person said they would try to talk to this other doctor but they think I will have to stick with my old doctor.  So IDK....I wish it would be easy to find a good CARING doctor in my area its hard.  I dont know many people hear since I have only lived hear in the Cape for 2 1/2 years.  I wish I knew of someone for certain that would be CARING and WILLING to help me in any way possible and not hesitate to prescribe me meds.  If I knew of someone hear that is accepting new patients I would be very happy to switch to them.  I guess for now Im just going to have to stick with my OLD doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment